The Mastering Finish Carpentry series continues with professional in-depth instruction on hanging and installing doors. Finish carpentry specialist, Gary Katz has divided the subject into two programs and both are included in this double DVD set.
Program 9: Hanging a New Door in an Old Jamb covers:
- step-by-step instruction for replacing an existing door without removing the jamb
- a demonstration of how to scribe a door to fit even the
worst out of level and bowed jamb
- simple methods for ensuring that the hinges are installed in the proper direction
Program 10: Installing Prehung Doors covers:
- how to prepare the rough opening properly before installing the door
- how to maintain even reveals between adjoining doors, windows, and walls
- how to adjust a jamb so that hinge, head, and strike gaps are consistent and sized properly
With video, photographs, and drawings, this program includes instruction on three types of prehung doors: bald jambs, cased jambs, and metal jambs.
Special Features Include!
- Hinge Templates—a review
- Boring Jigs—a review
- Installing Lock Strikes
- making your own Templates
- Door benches—plans and designs
- making a door hook